Simba

Please post your tributes here.
Ammut

July 8th, 2019, 4:05 pm

It's with a heavy heart that I have to put our beloved Simba on this site. We lost him to CDM on Friday. He's pictured here with our cat, who we also lost at Easter.

He was a BIGGSD boy adopted through the website about 10 years ago.

Be certainly came with 'issues' when I first met him.... He was skin and bone, I was told he couldn't mix with other dogs, be let off his lead etc ... After a brief meeting with my other BIGGSD boy Ted (a very odd looking gsd X collie) who quickly put Simba in his place (by grabbing him by the neck - he's too short to reach anything else), they instantly became the best of friends and completely inseparable. Simba came home that day from Essex and was immediately introduced to my horses and country living in Wiltshire, which he took to like a duck to water! He also proved he could be let off his lead and would come immediately back on his first day! Lol.

He was hard work, the most badly behaved dog at training due to his antisocial tendencies towards other dogs (just rude) and a first class thief! His favourite being sausages (frozen, raw, straight out of the oven - he wasn't fussy) and Morrisons jam donuts (he must have stolen hundreds over the years)!

He won many rosettes at local shows and a trophy for best rescue dog. But his best achievement was saving my son from drowning in 2016 which won him runner up place in the Blue cross animal bravery medal! Not a bad trick for an old dog!! - I happened to film the entire event and judge Chris Packham commended him for his efforts!

Simba will leave a huge hole in our hearts, especially his best buddy Ted who misses him terribly. It is heartbreaking to loose him but I could not let him suffer that horrible illness any longer. He now joins my previous gsd Shadow and Sam the cat at the Rainbow bridge.
Patlucky

July 8th, 2019, 5:23 pm

I am so sorry to hear you lost you beloved Simba.
My last GSD also had CDRM also my daughter lost her dog due to CDRM.
My daughters dog was just 8 years old.
My thoughts are very much with you at the moment.
For both the loss of lovely Simba and you lovely cat.
nightrunner

July 8th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Hi Clare,

Found your lovely Simba on our old BIGGSD Forum. see link

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/biggsd/ ... 10843.html

As said previously, so many members have lost their beloved dogs to this wretched disease. It really is awful to watch your faithful friend slowly deteriorate in body - but not mind 😭😭

RIP Simba. You will be greatly missed by all your family.
😇
KYSA - trying to be guided from above by Major, Dexter and Alfie.....but he's not for listening!
Ammut

July 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks to Nightrunner - here's Simba with his Certificate!
Pam

July 11th, 2019, 9:36 am

Sorry for your loss , but lovely you homed a rescue dog .

Never be forgotten Simba
Mum to Lucas & Jess