Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Need a source of aminocaproic acid please
Topic Started: 27 Apr 2018, 12:31 PM (81 Views)
busybee100
Hello. We have a GSD who is nearly 14 and has cdrm. Apart from this he is is excellent health according to the vet. We would like to try Dr Clemmon's degenerative myelopathy program to try to give him a few more weeks or months of quality life. At present he is mobile and in good spirits but he is getting more wobbly. But I cannot find a source of aminocaproic acid who will sell to an individual. Can anyone help? We are located in the UK but I'll order from anywhere. I would prefer a UK source as the rate of deterioration is increasing so time is running out. I found a thread on here from 2016 but the sources suggested will only sell to Universities for research. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pamela
Member Avatar

:wave: Hi busybee100 & :new welcome:

I found this http://www.nicholls.force9.co.uk/

The good news is that I have now located a company called BCM Specials (A Boots the Chemist Company), that have committed to making a supply of both products at a price that is competitive with The U.S. supplier but without the hassle of customs and UK handling charges.

I think we have all experienced this awful disease , all the best and good luck

busybee100
Hi Pamela

Thank you so much for the link. Our vet isnt being helpful so I was hoping I could find a source who doesn't need a prescription. But I will ask my vet again and tell him about this supplier so thank you. I wish there was an online vet service as we would gladly pay for a prescription from a supportive vet. I am just trying to delay the inevitable.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Health Care & Diet · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends