Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Monty 12 years old; Black & tan
Topic Started: 24 Feb 2018, 06:36 PM (814 Views)
Pamela
Member Avatar

:cryingtissues: So hard to believe the stories of some of these dogs

Monty was found living under a bridge in Romania , a lady found him very weak ,after feeding him for a few weeks he became her friend and she found someone that could foster him . He was taken to a wonderful lady in Romania who helps many dogs , Florina describes him as a gentle sweet heart .

Posted Image

Posted Image

MONTY..... He was seen by a vet yesterday.
Everything seem ok, but he has the usual problems that old dogs have.... doesnt see very good, but other than that he is ok.
We just assume he is approx 12 years old.
Very very calm and gentle boy.

Posted Image

He will be vaccinated in the next 2 weeks , and if he remains well enough , it would be wonderful if we could find him a cosy warm bed here in the Uk.

He is entire and will not be neutered .

Home check applies .

Please contact John on 01932 571268 or me on 07789 750585 if you think you can love this boy for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

:heart: :heart:

If he's lived a hard life, he may not be that old ... ??

Pamela
Member Avatar

:wave: Still looking for rescue space / foster or forever home

Pamela
Member Avatar

:angel GSD: Monty is spending a couple at days at the vets , having bloods tests for a skin problem.

He is eating well and so much happier, he loves everyone he meets. :heart:

Hoping to get him cat tested and see how he is around children.

Still hoping he can come to the UK real soon.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
🤞fingers crossed that his condition is easily fixed. If it's anything like my little visitor, she just needed a protein she never had before. So she is on salmon and all the scratching and scabs are gone. Hope his is as simple 💖

Pamela
Member Avatar

Monty's carer went to see him at the vets today, he 's doing amazingly well , his skin is improving , having a good diet and fish oil in his diet . Still waiting on some bloods , but you can see in the video he looks happy enough.

:GSD:
Seems to be ok around children and small dogs looking for a quiet home.

Video - https://youtu.be/xcXVHqjQTAc

Pamela
Member Avatar

Update from Monty's carer

Breaks my heart when i am thinking at sweet, gentle old Monty going back to kennels for who knows how long.
Ive got him out from a miserable life under a bridge and promised him that he will spend his last years in a loving home.
Very calm and loving nature, Monty is good around other dogs, not interested in cats, loving with people and kids.
Monty does have a thyroid problem and is on the drug Levotiroxina

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Posted Image

Blind Dogs Uk have offered to take him , I believe they have a foster home for him , not sure of his departure date .

Will update when I know more .

Pamela
Member Avatar

URGENT

Monty's home has fallen through , he is still booked on transport for the 8th May , but he now needs a foster home ...

Can any one help ?

Please email me if you can help Pamwilliams76@btinternet.com

Thanks

Pamela
Member Avatar

Monty's transport has now been cancelled as he has nowhere to go , still in kennels in Romania , looking for a rescue space or home ..

If you can help please get in touch

Pamela
Member Avatar

Monty has an offer of another foster home , leaving Romania 24th May ..................

Pamela
Member Avatar

:dogincar: Monty on his way to the Uk tonight , going into foster.
:heart: :heart:

Posted Image

Wishing you a safe journey :angel GSD:

Heambro
GSD Annointed Member
Safe journey young one

Pamela
Member Avatar

Now in foster in the UK

https://www.bdruk.org/adopt/animal/1914

If you are interested in adopting Monty Please email foster@bdruk.org

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
Just saw this , or would have offered to foster him. We all know I'm a sucker for an oldie . Glad he is now in UK. I hope he finds his forever home soon. :fingers crossed:

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

icci
28 May 2018, 06:37 PM
Just saw this , or would have offered to foster him. We all know I'm a sucker for an oldie . Glad he is now in UK. I hope he finds his forever home soon. :fingers crossed:
Welcome back to the dog world Icci
Guessed it would not be long xx
What was that word Sucker ha ha
:gsd paw: :gsd paw:

Pamela
Member Avatar

Still looking for a home

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Male German Shepherds and X's · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends