Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Dog Wheels, Harness, Booties; CDRM Rear Leg and Spinal Mobility problems
Topic Started: 12 Jan 2018, 03:24 PM (205 Views)
catsx11
Member Avatar
"...it's a dog's life!"
Hello everyone,
During this sad time for me, I'd like to offer on here a set of high quality dog wheels I will not need anymore.
I bought them a year ago from the highly recommended and well regarded Jim of DogsWheels.com
Maybe a rescue or an individual who has a dog with a need can have them (maybe for free [rescue] or for a price/donation [private individual]?)

I also have (and can highly recommend) a large 'Help-Em-Up' harness - which was a God-send - Orthopets Help-Em-Up
I can also recommend a make of boots/shoes for GSD to help protect their rear paws from scuffing.

Admin please feel free to move this to a better section of the forum if needs be.

This has all come about because two days ago I lost my gorgeous gentleman Qa'an to CDRM, an awful disease and would like another to benefit from these extremely useful bits of mobility kits - they made his life easier and gave him an 'extra' year of life he so much deserved and as importantly made my life easier too.

I may be able to offer someone advice if they need it, about keeping a dog with rear leg mobility problems.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gordy
GSD Lover
Hi,
Please check your inbox.
Thank you
Gordana

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
catsx11
12 Jan 2018, 03:24 PM
Hello everyone,
During this sad time for me, I'd like to offer on here a set of high quality dog wheels I will not need anymore.
I bought them a year ago from the highly recommended and well regarded Jim of DogsWheels.com
Maybe a rescue or an individual who has a dog with a need can have them (maybe for free [rescue] or for a price/donation [private individual]?)

I also have (and can highly recommend) a large 'Help-Em-Up' harness - which was a God-send - Orthopets Help-Em-Up
I can also recommend a make of boots/shoes for GSD to help protect their rear paws from scuffing.

Admin please feel free to move this to a better section of the forum if needs be.

This has all come about because two days ago I lost my gorgeous gentleman Qa'an to CDRM, an awful disease and would like another to benefit from these extremely useful bits of mobility kits - they made his life easier and gave him an 'extra' year of life he so much deserved and as importantly made my life easier too.

I may be able to offer someone advice if they need it, about keeping a dog with rear leg mobility problems.

My condolences on your loss. This is a very generous offer, especially at such a difficult time. Having recently had to do the same thing, I can understand your thoughts behind the process.
I gave my never used wheels,( in exchange for a small donation to a local dog rescue) ,to an individual , through the physio centre Gracie had used. The boots went to Gordy on here, at no charge, to help a dog with CDRM and the alternative meds for Gracie's arthritis went to another member, for a donation to the biggsd fund. I felt that way Gracie's memory was best served.
So I am sure you will find some comfort in Qa'an's legacy being to help others.
Once again my condolences for your loss.
Edited by icci, 13 Jan 2018, 08:32 PM.

Heambro
GSD Annointed Member
:group hug: Sorry to be reading of your loss. :group hug:

:rip: Qa’an, run free sweetheart

catsx11
Member Avatar
"...it's a dog's life!"
BUMP!

Still on offer are a set of high quality dog wheels and a Help-em-Up harness.
I bought the wheels a year ago from the highly recommended and well regarded Jim of DogsWheels.com

These are extremely useful and expensive bits of mobility kits.

If your dog has rear leg/hip mobility problems or is recovering from an injury, surgery, has Hip Dysplasia, CDRM or maybe a lower spinal problem, then these wheels could make you and your dog's life easier.

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

Hugs from T'n'me to you'n'yours ...

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Check your pm :)

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

catsx11
16 Jan 2018, 08:47 AM
BUMP!

Still on offer are a set of high quality dog wheels and a Help-em-Up harness.
I bought the wheels a year ago from the highly recommended and well regarded Jim of DogsWheels.com

These are extremely useful and expensive bits of mobility kits.

If your dog has rear leg/hip mobility problems or is recovering from an injury, surgery, has Hip Dysplasia, CDRM or maybe a lower spinal problem, then these wheels could make you and your dog's life easier.

I have sent you a couple of Personal messages
I know of someone who is looking for wheels
It is a rescue GSD that was shut in a room for years and never walked.
With everything the vets have tried legs not working and probably never will
Are these wheels still available please
:gsd paw: :gsd paw:

catsx11
Member Avatar
"...it's a dog's life!"
BUMP!
Thanks to those who have made contact but, there has still been no takers.

So, still on offer is a set of high quality Dog Wheels and a Help-em-Up harness.
Both to fit a German Shepherd - contact me to check sizes.
I bought the wheels a year ago from the highly recommended Jim of DogsWheels.com

Also on offer is a large 'Help-Em-Up' harness - which was a God-send - Orthopets Help-Em-Up

These are extremely useful bits of mobility kits for your dog.

Maybe some of you could kindly spread the word on Facebook for me (I don't do Facebook) and or cross post onto other dog forums?
I'd like a donation from whoever of £100 (wheels), £30 (harness) to be divided 50/50 between this site and Cancer Research.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trading and Recommendations · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends