Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
German Shepherd Puppy
Topic Started: 16 Nov 2017, 06:25 AM (624 Views)
RyanCaleb
Hello,

I am planning to get a GSD puppy and request some help on topics.

1. Does anyone have a recommended breeder in Victoria around Melbourne. I have no problems if they are 3-4 hours away also. I see lots of breeders and am not sure how to select one. I am willing to wait for the puppy if required.
2. I understand the Hip and Elbow scores, but in different locations some dogs are mentioned as having "A", "Z" and in some "A" (1,1), Z(0,0). How am I do interpret the first scoring as it does not have the actual scores against them?

3. If I do grooming of my puppy/dog every 2-3 days with weekly baths, will there still be lots of hair shedding?
4. Referring to some threads in the forum, people have said they feed puppies and RAW, what are they referring to as "RAW", is that raw meat? Also at what stage, should a dog be given meat (either cooked or raw)?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

htt :/www.dogforums.com/dogtraining-forum

app trailers

Edited by RyanCaleb, 20 Nov 2017, 06:10 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Heambro
GSD Annointed Member
Sorry I won’t be able to help I only rehome adult GSD’s and only in the UK.

Good luck with your search

Nightrunner
Member Avatar
Biggsd Funds Co-ordinator

Hello there,

With no disrespect, have you come on to the correct forum?

BIGGSD is a voluntarily run, virtual RESCUE ORGANISATION, helping to rehome German Shepherd Dogs and German Shepherd x's in the UK and Ireland plus those from parts of Europe.

BIGGSD is not in the position to recommend any breeder. Our main aim is to rehome the many unwanted GSD's and GSD'x who come into rescue, through no fault of their own and so on this occasion, BIGGSD is unable to help.

Thank you.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
RyanCaleb
16 Nov 2017, 06:25 AM
Hello,

I am planning to get a GSD puppy and request some help on topics.

Hi and welcome. As said above this is a RESCUE forum. Most of us have had pups but have learned over the years that 1: there are too many greedy , selfish, breeders, who only want money for pups and dont care about the hereditary faults they breed in,leading to expensive vet bills and abandoned/given up dogs. 2: That there are so many dogs out there already in rescue, needing homes through no fault of their own. Ages ranging from puppies to elderly. Which leaves most of us believing rescue is the way to go. Why bring more pups into a world where beautiful dogs si tin rescue kennels, desperate for a loving home.

1. Does anyone have a recommended breeder in Victoria around Melbourne. I have no problems if they are 3-4 hours away also. I see lots of breeders and am not sure how to select one. I am willing to wait for the puppy if required.

Again 'most' on here are UK/Eire/Europe based. Can I run the suggestion of a rescue pup past you, as you seem flexible:)

2. I understand the Hip and Elbow scores, but in different locations some dogs are mentioned as having "A", "Z" and in some "A" (1,1), Z(0,0). How am I do interpret the first scoring as it does not have the actual scores against them?

There is so much more to a GSD than hip/elbow scores. Whilst good scores are good news, they mean nothing in regards all the other hereditary conditions that a lot of breeders won't tell you about.

3. If I do grooming of my puppy/dog every 2-3 days with weekly baths, will there still be lots of hair shedding?

Depending on the length of coat , you may have to groom daily. There will always be hair! Unless you are taking your dog for mud baths or similar, there is no need for weekly baths.It is a dog not show piece. Ifyou do not want hair in your home and want something to constantly bathe,brush and show, I suggest No mess no fuss

4. Referring to some threads in the forum, people have said they feed puppies and RAW, what are they referring to as "RAW", is that raw meat? Also at what stage, should a dog be given meat (either cooked or raw)?

Google is your friend BARFNo messno fuss

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

There's no answer to that!

I would like to finish with Please consider a rescue dog. There are so many wonderful dogs without a home to call their own and when you adopt one they are their own reward.

BARFNo messno fuss
Edited by icci, 16 Nov 2017, 08:47 PM.

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

Well said Icci

:gsd paw:

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
I have my moments ;)

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

icci
27 Nov 2017, 10:30 PM
I have my moments ;)
Don't we all :yay:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends