Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Looking for a german shepherd; companion dog
Topic Started: 10 Aug 2017, 08:50 AM (449 Views)
pingu35
Hi
Im new here love2 and looking for a german shepherd or german shepherd x to be a companion dog :minigsd paw: and to also take to work with me,a dog that is calmer not to boistorous,short haired and just wants to be with you,i know it may take a while but i can wait for the right dog to come along

Q: Where do you live & how far you are prepared to travel to look at suitable dogs? i live in wiltshire will travel for the right dog

Q: Are you looking for a dog or a bitch and what age range will you consider? (Please give min & max ages to be considered) Any other preferences?
preferably a female but would look at a male if were good for each other lol puppy to 4 years old
Q: Do you have children living at home or frequently visiting? If so please give details of how many, their ages, or when they visit, etc.
2 visiting grandchildren 9 and 10
Q: Do you have other pets in your home that your dog will come into contact with and will need to be safe with? Please mention all pets, not just dogs and cats. 2 cats that i look after on regular occasions when my daughter is away

Q: Do you have other dogs? If so, please give us brief details about them eg, if spayed/neutered, age, how long you've had them, temperament and what you're looking for in a furry friend for them? no other dogs

Q: Do you have any other requirements? e.g. if leaving the dog at home during the day, for how long? If you plan to take the dog in the car does he/she need to travel well? Plus anything else you can think of as relevant. needs to travel well as we camp alot,must be ok to be left if you need to go out for a few hours but would come to work with me

:GSD: if you require any more information please let me know
Edited by pingu35, 10 Aug 2017, 12:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

Hi, welcome - lovely to meet you, congratulations on thinking of a rescue :BIGGSD_Welcome:

You'll need to keep checking back to see which dogs are coming in - prob'ly the easiest way is to click 'Active Topis' at the top of each page :thumbs up:

but off the top of my head, have you seen Hayden (you can click the blue links) ?? Anne and Bronte say he's a very lovely boy, and he's a favourite with the Mutts staff :heart: Prob'ly a malinois cross??

Posted Image

Or Marmo, not exactly short-haired but looks like a really super boy :minigsd paw: ??

Posted Image

Stay in touch, keep us posted with how your search is going :wave:
Edited by gtrmacs, 10 Aug 2017, 10:53 AM.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Good luck with your search. I hope you find your companion soon :)

pingu35
Hi

Thankyou for pictures of both dogs i had a look at hayden he is lovely but said he needs an energetic home,i will keep looking thankyou :GSD:

Hi Sorry dont mean to be thick how do i do active topics thankyou
Edited by pingu35, 10 Aug 2017, 12:28 PM.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
When you log into the forum, you will see a blue heading, at the top of each page, that says 'Go to active topics'. Just click that.

pingu35
Ahh got it thankyou x

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Don't forget to read through all the pages with dogs of the age you are interested in. Your perfect furball may have been sitting waiting for you, for a long time and have dropped down the list and not show up on active topics :running dog:

pingu35
Hi

Ok thankyou i will do that this evening when i get home

Thanks again :yay:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

Bindi in Hurst Berkshire http://www.dbarc.org.uk/dogs.html#

Pamela
Member Avatar

:BIGGSD_Welcome:

This little beauty needs a home http://www.southwestgsdrescue.org.uk/dogs-looking-for-homes/item/867-canella

Ziggy http://www.southwestgsdrescue.org.uk/dogs-looking-for-homes/item/894-ziggy

Kash http://www.germanshepherdwestessex.co.uk/?p=dogprofile&id=445

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pingu35
Hi

I think Bindi is waiting for a homecheck as there are no details on her
I hope this is not a silly question Could anyone tell me if there is anyone local to Bath they know that has days you can spend with german shepherds and breeders or get together dosnt have to be near bath

Thankyou :GSD:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

List of German Shepherd Rescues around the UK:

http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/topic/7532946/1/#new
Edited by gtrmacs, 14 Aug 2017, 11:09 PM.

Honeysdad
GSD Annointed Member
Vigil have quite a few nice dog's, between the age's of 18 months - 4 years. Taz, Bear, snowdrop and Rocky. New one's can come in at any time.

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

Jaxs is in Bath :minigsd paw:

P'raps you could contact his rescue and maybe volunteer for them??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Do you have a home for a GSD · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends