Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Long term Shepherd nut
Topic Started: 9 Aug 2017, 08:45 AM (364 Views)
Cockneychris
Hi to all,

I've been a shepherd nut all of my life and have had two beautiful dogs from pups. The first was from the 70's and was from the 'Ramacon' breeding kennels near Romford. Ramacon was the kennel that Ramacon Philanderer and Ramacon Swashbuckler (best of breed at crufts) came out of, you should look those up on the internet. My latest, and now sadly passed, beautiful girl was from Jasueter breeders from Essex and her mum was from the great family Hunegrab where the great Elmo von Hunegrab (forgive me for the spelling of that) originated and was best of breed at Crufts for about 3 years in succession.

I belong to GSDUK, Mygermanshepherd, K9 gallery amongst the forums and face book pages.

My last girl has just passed with a super rare disease called Myasthenia Gravis which caused megaesophogus which in turn gave her Pneumonia. She passed with our faces cuddled together at the Royal Veterinary College in Potters Bar on the 4th July. The jury is out as to whether over vaccination caused her to have a diminished immune system allowing the MG to get a hold.

Well that's me then i'm happy to be aboard

Chris
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pamela
Member Avatar

:new welcome:

Hi Chris ,

Such a wonderful breed , personally would never buy from a breeder .

I currently have 2 rescues , Lucas from approx 6 months he's now approx 8 years and Jess rehomed at 5 years , she's now 9 years old .

Cassie , Sheba , Boson and Rocky sadly all at rainbow bridge.

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

Hi, CChris

Lovely to see your head pop up above the parapet :P

tbxx

Heambro
GSD Annointed Member
Hi Chris, good to see you on here. Very sorry to hear you lost Aide, she was a beauty

Alsace
GSD Addict
:BIGGSD_Welcome: Hope you enjoy your time here!

:dontfeedmods: especially Coral :funny face:

Liz,
Zenzi, Bertie and Izaak

Safely at Rainbow Bridge :angel GSD: Susie, Luther, Jancie, Christie, Bruce, Giles, Zeus, Talie.

PS Our 2nd walk of the day here in the South East at teatime was a bit like this :dog swimming: !!

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
Welcome Chris. Sorry for your recent loss. Enjoy your time with biggsd. I am forever amazed at the dogs that have been saved and the hard work put in by others on this forum. Don't tell them I said it, but there are some good hearts amongst the members of this site.
I started my journey of GSD ownership (rather than working) with a beautiful, chunky, straight back, puppy whose lineage was VDH pedigree, with a lovely mix of SchH champions and show VA recipients. Truth be told it made not a jot of difference , as I had no intention of joining the kennel club :) I was lucky to be blessed with her company for 15yrs and when she left me her legacy was that I would offer TLC, a warm bed and safety to GSDs in need.
Now , like Pamela said above, I'd never buy from a breeder. I have become a soft touch and will now only adopt oldies. Although I'll still foster any age :)
Edited by icci, 10 Aug 2017, 12:42 PM.

Cockneychris
Thanks all.
Brian keeps trying to tempt me into a rescue and I'm weakening but it may be a bit soon but it depends what comes along.

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

Welcome Chris :wave:
Sorry to hear about your dog
We all feel for you :cryingtissues:
I think you will know when the time is ready
We all have different ideas
So good luck what ever you do

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
Cockneychris
10 Aug 2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks all.
Brian keeps trying to tempt me into a rescue and I'm weakening but it may be a bit soon but it depends what comes along.
I understand what you mean about possibly too soon. Perhaps you could consider the same route I went down. When I lost my girl of 15yrs, I swore I would never have another dog, as the loss was too painful. Several weeks later, I found the lack of a furball made not only my house too big but even my room in the Mess too big. Which, considering the size of my room in the Mess, was some trick. So I started fostering, which helped me with my loss and helped dogs in need.
Admittedly, when I retired I eventually adopted but fostering was one of the best decisions I made.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
Welcome Chris

Keep us posted on what you decide :thumbs up:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends