Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Please help Christine aka icci; Get to her TARGET
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2017, 08:22 PM (309 Views)
Pamela
Member Avatar

Please help Christine get to her target

I however, would like to place a little appeal, if anyone would like to sponsor me on behalf of Cat Action Trust 1977 Ayrshire Branch. I am doing a 6 mile stretch of the Kiltwalk (www.thekiltwalk.com) to try to raise funds for them. I foster for Flora, who runs the branch, I also sell my paintings and home-made soaps , pet quilts, etc, for them , giving them all profits. Flora does everything herself, she rescues, home checks, nurses, hand rears orphans, all the hands on stuff, she also does all the admin and takes all the phone/email/facebook messages and deals with all of it herself. The only part she doesn't do is fostering, obviously, but she also has the cattery where she keeps the cats that can't be fostered for lack of spaces/illness/behaviour issues/nursing mothers, etc.Personally, I think she deserves a medal but as that is not forthcoming, nor much use,I try to do what I can to raise much needed funds.
So I will do the 6 miles in my kilt, with all the others who are doing it for all sorts of causes. My page is My Kilt Walk if anyone wants to look up the rescue,just put Cat Action Trust 1977 Ayrshire Branch, into your facebook search bar or search for it on google.
Thanks in advance to anyone who puts some pennies in.

Donate here https://glasgowkiltwalk2017.everydayhero.com/uk/christine-10

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gordy
GSD Lover
Christine, good luck from the one who is always outsmarted by her mischievous cats!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Thank you for the support.

The deed has been done. What a beautiful day to do it. The walk was amazing, so many people walking for so many causes. Even the tiniest of children were out there doing it. It may have slowed us down having to negotiate the hundreds of people, strolling along, but it didn't matter, we were all there for a cause and the atmosphere was great.Amber, the dog, loved it,she got to swim in the Loch. How jealous were my burning toes !
I want to thank everyone for their fantastic support. At the 5 mile point the knowledge so many people were sponsoring me helped me to put an extra spring in my step for the last mile :-)
Edited by icci, 30 Apr 2017, 07:05 PM.

Pamela
Member Avatar

:pats_rooster: Well done you , raised well over 200 :springwow:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Thanks Pamela. Donations still coming in. I have now, with gift aid and Hunter Trust raised almost 300 for this little charity,run by an amazing woman.
I cannot thank those who supported me enough. I am amazed at the kindness of people I have never met. :group hug: The atmosphere of hundreds of people all doing something for charity was fantastic. I recommend it to everyone. :funny little things:

gordy
GSD Lover
Well done Christine!

I know the burning toes feeling too well from walking Rocky last weekend.

I felt as if I had come back from a rockclimbing trip and not from a biggsd walk.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Thanks Gordy. The burning toes is an odd thing,especially as it onlybhappened on the downhill. I can only think that my trainers were maybe just a tad looser than usual, as I was wearing thinner socks, and left enough room for my feet to slip forward? I'll know better next time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · One-Off Appeals · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends