Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Very Urgent; Help needed to save 6 GSD's
Topic Started: 7 May 2015, 08:10 PM (4,059 Views)
B'witched
Member Avatar
TIPP-OFF ANIMAL RESCUE IRELAND
Not often I beg for help but these dogs have broken my heart, I'm not even sure I can save them yet but I have to try.

7 GSD's were in a field of sheep, 2 of the dogs were said to have attacked the sheep and were shot and killed by the farmer. The dog warden and guards were called and the remaining dogs + a 12 week old puppy was seized from the owner and taken to the pound. Sadly, the council that runs the pound has a strict policy on NOT re-homing restricted breeds and GSD's are on that list.

The dogs have now been moved to my local pound due to the original pound not having room to hold them, this is where my heart broke. I went into the pound today, the puppy was in a kennel with his 'mum', the poor baby was trembling so much as were all of them, I asked for him to be let out, I then went in the kennel to comfort the 'mum' as she was absolutely terrified but so desperately want attention, she was crawling on the floor crying but tail wagging, I knelt down to stroke her, she was licking my hands, I ran my hand down her side and underneath her belly to check if she was still lactating or dried up, what I found was a penis......!!!! They had made a mistake and the poor mum was an older bitch in another kennel...... No wonder the pup was so upset.

All these dogs are so terrified, crawled into corners and you can actually see them shaking like jellies.

I have put forward a request to help them but I can not do it on my own.

IF and it is a big if, the council can be persuaded to release these dogs to me, they will charge a minimum fee of 50 each so I'll need at least 300 to get them out and serious help with kennel fees. Is anyone willing to help with a donation?

Also, I will have a stronger case to put to the council if I can say that the dogs will leave Ireland to be rehomed.

Would any Rescues be prepared to offer space to one or 2 of them.

There are, as far as I know 2 females, 3 males and one male pup. Sorry, I have no photos but they are fabulous looking, large dogs.

If any rescue can help, I would require an email stating your offer of help so I can show the council proof.

Over to you good people of BIGGSD.........
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

teresa46
Member Avatar
teresa46
I will gladly donate 50 euros to the costs for these poor babies :cryingtissues: I so hope you are successful :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed:

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

I have one of your lovely dogs Christine
I will give 25 .
Where shall we send this money?
I do hope they will be saved poor little mites.
:fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

The biggsd fund will pay for at least 1 dog if needed, So lets get pledges in case its needed.

Patlucky

Please please please help Christine save these dogs.
We cant have her beg to save dogs.
I know in Ireland all dogs are only in the dog pound for just 7 days
Then even best dog and YES puppies are then put to sleep

So if you can please give a little or a lot if you wish.
:fingers crossed: :fingers crossed:

BronteandAnn
GSD Puppy
Hi,
225 from my family has just been transferred to your PayPal.
Please give those poor dogs a cuddle from me.
Ann and Bronte

B'witched
Member Avatar
BronteandAnn
7 May 2015, 10:32 PM
Hi,
225 from my family has just been transferred to your PayPal.
Please give those poor dogs a cuddle from me.
Ann and Bronte
OMG, thank you Ann and Bronte. The biggest cuddle has your name on it :hug:

If this goes tits up then I will refund your donation but I am hoping and praying it'll work.

I really need some hardcore proof that help is there for the dogs, so please any rescue offers need to be emailed to me so I can show them

tippoffadoptadog@gmail.com

teresa46
Member Avatar
teresa46
How do we donate please?

Alsace
GSD Addict
teresa46
8 May 2015, 06:09 AM
How do we donate please?
-ditto-.

Honey
GSD Lover
Tritto (so to speak, if there is such a word...)

biggsd
Member Avatar

Thank you Ann and Bronte

Lucysmom
Member Avatar
GSD LOVER
:wave: :wave:

hi Christine

Have just sent e 130 via your paypal for these poor babies. :thumbs up:

Good luck

The Memories
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
teresa46
8 May 2015, 06:09 AM
How do we donate please?

There is a Donate Button (PayPal) on the website

http://www.tipp-off-animal-rescue.com/

You don't need to have a PayPal account to donate with a card :thumbs up:

Honey
GSD Lover
Just made donation via PayPal, so hope this all comes together for these dogs. :GSD:

B'witched
Member Avatar
Lucysmom
8 May 2015, 08:47 AM
:wave: :wave:

hi Christine

Have just sent e 130 via your paypal for these poor babies. :thumbs up:

Good luck

Thank you so much Sandra, as I said to Ann and Bronte, if it goes tits up I'll refund all donations. :thumbs up:

I am still in need of email support from rescues for spaces, it would go a long way in persuading the council to release them to me.

The Memories
Member Avatar
GSD Addict
Not often I beg for help but these dogs have broken my heart, I'm not even sure I can save them yet but I have to try.

7 GSD's were in a field of sheep, 2 of the dogs were said to have attacked the sheep and were shot and killed by the farmer. The dog warden and guards were called and the remaining dogs + a 12 week old puppy was seized from the owner and taken to the pound. Sadly, the council that runs the pound has a strict policy on NOT re-homing restricted breeds and GSD's are on that list.

So, am I right in saying that these dogs have just been "unfortunate" in being owned by some idiot who couldn't keep his dogs under control?
PLUS, neither the Police or the Courts have ordered their "Destruction", its the Policy of an entire County Council to PTS ALL Restricted Breed Dogs!!, beggars belief

The dogs have now been moved to my local pound due to the original pound not having room to hold them, this is where my heart broke. I went into the pound today, the puppy was in a kennel with his 'mum', the poor baby was trembling so much as were all of them, I asked for him to be let out, I then went in the kennel to comfort the 'mum' as she was absolutely terrified but so desperately want attention, she was crawling on the floor crying but tail wagging, I knelt down to stroke her, she was licking my hands, I ran my hand down her side and underneath her belly to check if she was still lactating or dried up, what I found was a penis......!!!! They had made a mistake and the poor mum was an older bitch in another kennel...... No wonder the pup was so upset.

All these dogs are so terrified, crawled into corners and you can actually see them shaking like jellies.

I have put forward a request to help them but I can not do it on my own.

IF and it is a big if, the council can be persuaded to release these dogs to me, they will charge a minimum fee of 50 each so I'll need at least 300 to get them out and serious help with kennel fees. Is anyone willing to help with a donation?

+Microchips, Rabies Vacs, Pet Passports and 21 days kenneling! (x6)

Also, I will have a stronger case to put to the council if I can say that the dogs will leave Ireland to be rehomed.
If needed, I could transport Door to Door ?

Would any Rescues be prepared to offer space to one or 2 of them.

There are, as far as I know 2 females, 3 males and one male pup. Sorry, I have no photos but they are fabulous looking, large dogs.

If any rescue can help, I would require an email stating your offer of help so I can show the council proof.

Over to you good people of BIGGSD.........

Wotsisname
Member Avatar
Smooth
Donations can be made direct to Christine at http://www.tipp-off-animal-rescue.com/

Donations can also be made to the Biggsd account and I will pass them all on to Christine. http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/topic/7324088/1/#new please mark donations for the Irish 7.

All the money in the world can't help these dogs if Rescue Spaces in the UK can't be secured.

If any UK Rescues can offer help Please contact Christine tippoffadoptadog@gmail.com and help Christine convince the pound that the dogs will be taken out of Ireland when released.

The Biggsd Fund will ensure there is enough money to support and care for their journey to the UK.

Can the UK rescues offer up 6 kennels, if you can please let Christine know but also post up your offer here so everyone knows where we stand. :thumbs up:

biggsd
Member Avatar

If anyone reading this is not a member and wants to post join as a member (top left hand corner)register and I will validate you .

Patlucky

Hubby just told me to give anther 25
So 50 total from us,

Dave can I send it to you?

Alsace
GSD Addict
Dave - Cheque for 25 in the post to you. Sorry to be a techno-phobe!! (No comment from you please Coral, :funny face: . No telling everybody what you went through putting up a photo of Talie for me last week!)

Christine - thank you for the huge effort you are making to save these poor dogs. If it comes to nothing, don't beat yourself up about it, you will have done your best and please keep my donation for your efforts.

Liz, x
Edited by Alsace, 8 May 2015, 12:37 PM.

teresa46
Member Avatar
teresa46
Just did it via your website, so easy !! Don't return the money if it doesn't work out, I'm sure you can use it for other dogs xx

Patlucky

I do hope it works Christine for the sake of the poor dogs.
Like wise do not return the money I know it will help
However :fingers crossed:

Wotsisname
Member Avatar
Smooth
Patlucky
8 May 2015, 11:16 AM
Hubby just told me to give anther 25
So 50 total from us,

Dave can I send it to you?
No problem, send it any way you want. :funny little things:

Nightrunner
Member Avatar
Biggsd Funds Co-ordinator

:so sad:
What a terrible situation!!

These dogs are at risk cause of such a stoopid owner.....he should be banned for life for owning animals! :angry:

What right has the County Council got in imposing the death sentence? :noway:

And someone at the kennels clearly needs to go to SPECSAVERS.....how can you not see if a dog has A PENIS - even a teeny one??? :pull hair:

Bet you are so worried, Christine.

Sending a donation to you and keeping everything crossed the dogs will be saved.

And hopefully, some rescues have come to their aid also.

:fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed:

:rip: 2 unnamed dogs - your owner should have taken more care......

Jennysmum
If only I could go up the pole upside down

Mutts in distress will take a couple. 👍

Pat x

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rainbow Bridge · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends