Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Kara (R.I.P) and Gracie's Adventures in Scotland
Topic Started: 3 Feb 2015, 01:08 PM (5,447 Views)
icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Well the girls are settling in well, even if Gracie does think Kara is a flaming great klutz because she keeps standing on her! However, that does not seem to have affected Gracie too much ...... They have been here seven days and already act like they own the joint, which Joey (the foster cat) duly reminds them they don't :rotflmao:
They are both eating well, even fusspot Kara but that might be because not only has she got Gracie hovering around seeing if she's going to leave anything, Joey is also hanging around. Although how he thinks he's going to get at the bowl is anyone's guess, considering both girls are eating from raised dishes!
We go for shortish walks three times a day, with a slightly longer one at night. Gracie is coming on great, she actually dictates the speed of the walk, which is no slouch of a pace. Meaning that when she suddenly stops for a sniff ,Kara and I nearly land in a heap! I can only imagine what the neighbours think of my Jesus impression when Kara wants to sniff one tree and Gracie one at full stretch in the opposite direction.
Anyway the reason I decided to update today is because I am so pleased with Gracie. We were all in the garden playing and Gracie started to play bow to me THEN she started bouncing up and down like a pup :funny little things: It was sooooo wonderful to see considering how stiff she had been. Not sure if it's the little but often walks building up the muscles or the arthritis/aging supplements she's been having. Whatever it is I'm just glad to see it :funny little things:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

Go Gracie go girl.

:wave:

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
She's still a grumpy gums,John, but I'm sure that will also improve. I am so glad I decided to take her as well :)

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
I'm so pleased they're both doing well, but we really can't have an update without photos! :machine gun:

:funny face:

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
At the moment it's slightly difficult to take pics. Gracie wants me to pull her tug toy, Kara wants a ball thrown, Joey wants his toy flicked around and oddly enough not a one of them cares I only have two hands.
Photos when I get more hands :D

yogibear(deceased)
Member Avatar
Ben AND Meg's proud mum!
icci
3 Feb 2015, 04:37 PM
At the moment it's slightly difficult to take pics. Gracie wants me to pull her tug toy, Kara wants a ball thrown, Joey wants his toy flicked around and noddly enough not a one of them cares I only have two hands.
Photos when I get more hands :D
Excuses, excuses!

I am so over the moon to hear how well these two are settling in with you and Joey. And so pleased that you took both these ladies.

Well done!! :funny little things:

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Ask and ye shall receive

Three beds to choose from and what do they do? Squash on to one!
Posted Image

What do you mean I'm not a cat?!Posted Image

Is breakfast ready yet?Posted Image

Really?! Not a soft toy? He squeaks like one! Posted Image

Just tried to update pics and now tiny pic is playing up :(
Edited by icci, 27 Jul 2017, 04:06 PM.

Pamela
Member Avatar

:heart: love2 :heart: love2 :heart: love2 :heart: love2

Aww how lovely ,

Thanks for giving 2 Oldies a loving home

:coolgsdbanner :I love GSD:

gsdlover
Member Avatar
Herbie's Mum
Loving these updates :thumbs up:

yogibear(deceased)
Member Avatar
Ben AND Meg's proud mum!
They both look fantastic - especially Gracie, so much better! love2

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
thank you for the photos, lovely to see them settled love2 love2

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Thanks all for your comments :)
I'm so glad I decided to take both of the girls, although sneaky John probably knew there would be no way I would walk away without Gracie after meeting the grumpy little madam. Kara on the other hand was making sure she came with me, as she got in the back seat whilst I was still fixing the blanket on it lol
They met my doggy neice for the second time tonight, Kara was happy after she had a sniff but grumpy gums was having one of her moments and being loud and antisocial. Waste of an effort though as Amber didn't care and barked just as loud :rotflmao:
The walks are getting slightly longer , we've gone up to about a mile now and Gracie is fine. They are both at the same speed now, which is also good. They also draw some admiring looks from anyone who passes. They'll be thinking they're supermodels soon. :GSD: :real GSD:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

They are super models, At this rate they will both be as popular as a shepherd some of you may remember called King aka Ben that came over from Ireland, His story went on for some years

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
biggsd
5 Feb 2015, 09:42 PM
They are super models, At this rate they will both be as popular as a shepherd some of you may remember called King aka Ben that came over from Ireland, His story went on for some years
I have been thinking about Rich and Ben a lot lately. Has anyone heard from them?

(sorry to hijack the thread :embarassed: )

Jennysmum
If only I could go up the pole upside down

Oh icci they all look so good together!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤😊😊

Pat x

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
:funny little things: Well , there was I doing the laundry, when both girls came in and stated that they KNOW about the beach just five minutes away and how dare I not have taken them there yet!! So that was that,off to the beach we went.

Snnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiifffffff
Posted Image

We like the beach :)
Posted Image
Edited by icci, 6 Feb 2015, 08:44 PM.

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
A little vid of yesterday's beach visit. Ignore my extremely high pitched voice, just trying to let them how exciting being with me is :lmao:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/valmk46f591yabd/VIDEO0027.3gp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oofdn3rawjw9k9/VIDEO0028.3gp?dl=0

Just showing where they girls now play :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6n11f1n4d4vqgq/VIDEO0029.3gp?dl=0

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

Icci what a lovely lady you are taking not one but two dogs on.
Them being older makes you a very special lady. :funny little things:
They look very happy~ nice to see them on the beach :thumbs up:
:funny little things: :funny little things:

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
Thanks Pat but nothing special about me taking them. It's purely selfishness ;) I will always get so much from them it will be hard to give enough back. So long as I can keep them happy and give them a good life for however long I have them then I'm a winner :D

Jennysmum

icci
7 Feb 2015, 11:38 PM
Thanks Pat but nothing special about me taking them. It's purely selfishness ;) I will always get so much from them it will be hard to give enough back. So long as I can keep them happy and give them a good life for however long I have them then I'm a winner :D
:group hug:

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

icci
7 Feb 2015, 11:38 PM
In my eyes you are still very special.
Lots of people would think twice about taking one.
You took two I know what you mean though they do give so much love.

After adopting Bonnie 5 months ago I cant believe how lovely she is.
Best days work I ever did :thumbs up:
:funny little things: :funny little things:

Deleted User
Deleted User

icci
7 Feb 2015, 09:24 PM
A little vid of yesterday's beach visit. Ignore my extremely high pitched voice, just trying to let them how exciting being with me is :lmao:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/valmk46f591yabd/VIDEO0027.3gp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oofdn3rawjw9k9/VIDEO0028.3gp?dl=0

Just showing where they girls now play :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6n11f1n4d4vqgq/VIDEO0029.3gp?dl=0
I don't mind the high pitch but can we have subtitles in English please? :funny face:
They look wonderful together Icci, love2 how are they doing with the squeaky toy now? :sofa:
Quote Post Goto Top

Jennysmum

They've really found their 'happy ever after' haven't they? :thumbs up:

Pat x

icci
Member Avatar
GSD Lover
I am struggling to write this through the tears. It is with great sadness and heavy heart I have to post the following. Sadly at 1045hrs approx this morning I had to allow the beautiful Kara to go run in the fields over the rainbow bridge. I may only have had her a short time but she has left her mark on my heart, as she left a mark in the heart of any who met her.
When things are not so raw I will post the reasons we had to let her leave .

Pamela
Member Avatar

:cryingtissues: :so sad: :cryingtissues:

:cryingtissues: Lost for words :cryingtissues:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rainbow Bridge · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends