Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Benson and Sasha's blog
Topic Started: 4 Feb 2007, 05:17 PM (6,291 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Benson is coming to me from Ireland after being rescued from the pound. He was well overdue getting out and it really was the last hour!

Benson is approximately 18 months old and was described in the pound as a lovely boy, very friendly and good with other dogs and the staff have had no problems with him. He's a quiet boy. He is really clean and neat in his kennel.

Nichen (on this site) his fosterer in Ireland says he has been good as gold so far! :)
She will send some pictures to me shortly once he has settled.

Posted Image

Benson will be neutered, vaccinated and de-fleaed and wormed before being rehomed.
If you are interested in giving Benson a home please contact me.
chris@wiltshiregermanshepherdrescue.co.uk or 01793 879144
Quote Post Goto Top

PJ
Member Avatar
Ember, Rodney & Obi-Wan's mum
is he coming to me to foster? :ph43r:

He's welcome here anyways if he doesnt have a home by the time her arrives. Just needs somewhere to go the weekend of the 17th if he's here by then as I'm up north in cheshire with jess :GSD:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

:rolleyes:

Maybe B)
Quote Post Goto Top

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
thats a nice close up!! :huh:

Can't wait to hear more about him. :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

:rolleyes: So glad Benson was saved, I did see him on the Irish Pound site. Well done all for getting him out :funny little things:
Debsx
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Benson is now in foster care and new updates and pics will be posted shortly. Another dog male GSD was also rescued from the pound today too! :funny little things:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well done everyone and hope Benson gets a new forever home soon xx
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

From his fosterer in Ireland -

Poor Poor Benson made me so sad when i picked him up. What a handsome Shep and will be a big boy. You cant see in the photos but he is so thin very underweight. I brought him to the vet weighed and were shocked what he was hes so much bigger than my 2 and no where near there weight. After all hes gone through he is so trusting he got into the car and started licking me, very good on the journey home. He got so excited when he seen my other half started skipping and bouncing so likes men. He is so gentle and really does get on well with dogs. Brought him on long bonding walk with my dogs which he seemed to enjoy. Not a peep during the night very independant. So he will be getting lots of TLC in my house and get him fit and healthy to travel. He has a great appetite so a week or two he will be fab!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
love2 He is gorgeous, I love his speckly chest B)

nichen
GSD Puppy
I have the pleasure of fostering Benson at the moment. Oh and aint he handsome love2 . I will keep you all updated on how hes doing and post pictures when hes settled and scrubbed up needs a good bath and brush. :P

Jennysmum
If only I could go up the pole upside down

Well Done!! Oh you got TWO out!! I hope the sun shines on all you responsible for getting them out and looking after them, all day long! :dogincar: :heart:

Pat x

Deleted User
Deleted User

2 by accident!! Long story!!

Basically Benson was supposed to be taken out. Accidentally Branston was in stead! Then it was oh hell wat has happened. Luckily Nichen offered foster to Branston to rectify the situation. So now both Benson and Branston safe and out! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

nichen
GSD Puppy
see confusion with the names ha ha!

I offered to foster Benson to rectify the situation :D

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
I've just looked on the Irish site for a nosey at Branston too, they're both gorgeous!! love2 :minigsd paw:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

megatronic
Feb 6 2007, 04:47 PM
I've just looked on the Irish site for a nosey at Branston too, they're both gorgeous!! love2 :minigsd paw:

Branston.
Posted Image

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
:GSD: wow Benson is gorgous love2 i hope he finds his new forever home soon....and also Braston looks so sweet...glad they both safe... :I love GSD:

anfa
Unregistered

Congrats on getting 2 out
they are fab :heart:
heres to a happy rehoming

Lyn
Quote Post Goto Top

Shell
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
anfa
Feb 6 2007, 08:17 PM
Congrats on getting 2 out
they are fab :heart:
heres to a happy rehoming

Lyn

Very deffinately seconded.....they are both totally gorgeous......have fallen in love AGAIN :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nichen
GSD Puppy
I will try get Branstons foster to post pics of him for you all

Benson with me only a short time but i can say, he is a Shep with bundles of character. At the moment what i can say about him is he is calm, relaxed, independant, loves food, gets on great with other dogs, house trained, well behaved sits and does what he is told, very very good on a lead, great with people, and a big softie, loves cuddles and affection will sit in front of the fire and burry his head in your lap. My other half seperated him from my 2 sheps yesterday while he was giving him a brush, he was very good let him brush away, but when he was finished he wanted to know where the other 2 where started running around the kitchen opening every door he could find letting little whines till he found them ahhhhhhhhhhhh! then he started bouncing in excitement. So hes a door opener well arent most Sheps!

Will be a very lucky person who adopts Benson. He really loves his walks so hopefully someone who will give him plenty of exercize and love! Ideally that hes not left along for long periods he likes company!

amsha
Dogmatic Poster
ooohhh Branston you stunning boy :little dogs:

chris95xf
GSD Addict
:running GSD: What a stunning dog you are Benson, i can just picture you when you have put a bit of weight on. Don,t think you are going to be looking very long.
Chris & June

:I love GSD:

nichen
GSD Puppy
He is much better and is in good form, Benson is very underweight according to vet approx 2.5 stone and in the photos you can't see that, but that is actually his rib cage you can see, and you will get an idea of how HUGE he will be when he puts back on the weight. Had bath last night he didnt like that too much whimpered a little so stopped half way through didnt want to stress him, but enjoys his brushes layers and layer of dead hair taken away. Imagine how stunning he will be when hes put the weight back on :D

My Jess cuddling up to him shes a little minx, and his favourite toy he sleeps with this aswell ha ha :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Totally Shepherds
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
Benson and Branston what two lovely boys you are. I am sure that with the care of your fosterers you will soon be ready for your new homes. I hope you won't have to wait too long but I am sure you will get LOADS of love until then :D

Sorry I posted at the same time as Nichen - Jess looks like just what Benson needs at the moment. How lovely to cuddle up to him like that :group hug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fantastic job thank you! ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Has a home booked!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Members Dog(s) Blogs · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends