Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Rumalaya Forte; Amazing Arthritiis help
Topic Started: 22 Oct 2013, 10:16 AM (4,743 Views)
Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Zack is almost twelve. A few months ago suffered osteoarthritic damage to the carpus joint (wrist). Could hardly walk and then the problem moved to all his joints. Very sensitive stomach prevents all anti inflamatory drugs being used. Looked very bleak. I made him counterbalanced wheels but watching him felt I was asking too much of him and carried on simply supporting him with a harness, more like carrying a heavy (38 Kg) suitcase. A man in the park suggested trying tablets that his mate had tried on his dog and got me the name. I bought them, Rumalaya Forte an Indiam ayurvedic medicine, although expected nothing to happen. One tablet twice a day, normally spat out several times!! Within a week I noticed a diference. A month and Zack walks to the park unaided, six weeks and even when over the park watching Mia he will get up, grab his ball and shake his head at her as she chases her frisbee and have a little wander around. He will never get well, but he has improved 500%. It's worth a try for anyone with a similar problem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jethro751
Member Avatar
Teapot 1
Thanks for this, I was wondering where you got them from
and can humans take them?
:yay:

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Ebay and yes you can take them. I have an arthritic knee or hip never sure which but it gives me a real jolt every so often. Not since I have been on these though. One of the doctors at our surgery is Indian and she said Ayurvedic medicine is well known and does work. My Zack is proof of that.

drb
GSD Lover
Amazon 12.50 for 120 tablets.

I am going to give this a try for Pepper as she is getting stiff and Barnaby to try and protect the joints he has left!

Any ideas on dosage? Pepper is a 28kg pituitary dwarf GSD and Barnaby a 60kg Newfoundland.

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
I think you will find them cheaper on ebay. Once I realised that they were working I bought 10 x 60 tablets for 32 shipped direct from India they were here within a week. There is a guy in Glasgow who does them cheap.

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
You can also put Rumalaya Forte Clinical Trial into Google and read up on them. They say they rebuild connective tissue and watching Zack who just skated off to get his ball from another room I can well believe it.

drb
GSD Lover
I had read up on the clinical trials before ordering, one, twice a day for people so maybe one a day for Pepper and two for Barnaby.

I had heard of Rumalaya from an old school friend and wondered about giving it a try but she is very into alternative medicine and does have some very strange ideas so I do take a lot of her suggestions with a large pinch of salt!

I don't 'do' ebay but if these tablets work for Pepper I may just start. Thank you. :thumbs up:

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Give them a while to begin working, they are not an "instant" thing but you will certainly notice the difference. Even the vet commented on how bright eyed and happy he looked compared to when he saw him last month. I am so pleased.

whitefang
GSD Annointed Member
Do you give him also any of the following : glucosamin, chondroitin, omega3, devils claw ?
Or just the Rumalaya Forte on its own ?

Patlucky
Would like to stay in bed like the other Pat does

GSD Lover.
They can also be purchased from Amazon.
Not sure if this helps.
Pat

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
whitefang
22 Oct 2013, 06:44 PM
Do you give him also any of the following : glucosamin, chondroitin, omega3, devils claw ?
All he is on is Tramadol and Rumalaya Forte he has an over sensitive stomach from his early days when he was starved so we have to be careful what we give him.

drb
GSD Lover
Pepper and Barnaby are starting on Rumalaya Forte today. I will report back in a few weeks.

They both take Omega3 capsules as Barnaby's orthopaedic vet at Fitzpatricks recommended these after his first TPLO.

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

drb
25 Oct 2013, 08:05 AM
Pepper and Barnaby are starting on Rumalaya Forte today. I will report back in a few weeks.

They both take Omega3 capsules as Barnaby's orthopaedic vet at Fitzpatricks recommended these after his first TPLO.
Have you a link to where you got yours? as I wiill try them on myself :old man: as i have very bad arthritis.

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Go onto ebay and enter Rumalaya Forte as the search. There is a guy in Glasgow does them and gets them to you pretty quick. Update on Zack he now lays in the park watching Mia chase her frisbee and after a while shakes his head with the tennis ball in his gob, then gets himself up and does a slight chase after her shaking his head at her something he just could not do 6 weeks ago.

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

Thanks but if it works on me and I keep shaking my head people will think Iv lost it.??

Dont minding it if I had a lady to play with.

Oh gaud Coral will wont to add something now

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Here is the link to the ones I bought John

Glasgow guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251341778855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2694wt_1178

India direct

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180899007879?var=480155877214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2219wt_1178

If you do shake your head you have to bark and make happy growling sounds too!!

whitefang
GSD Annointed Member
Jimcoted
23 Oct 2013, 10:01 AM
whitefang
22 Oct 2013, 06:44 PM
All he is on is Tramadol and Rumalaya Forte he has an over sensitive stomach from his early days when he was starved so we have to be careful what we give him.
I would be very interested to know what are the effects on you John...please let us know.

Jim, I was wondering if you had given Rumalaya Forte without the Tramadol ? What's the difference then ?
How can you exactly identify the effects of Rumalaya forte and the effects of the Tramadol ?
I would be very interested to know.

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
whitefang
29 Oct 2013, 02:45 PM

Jim, I was wondering if you had given Rumalaya Forte without the Tramadol ? What's the difference then ?
How can you exactly identify the effects of Rumalaya forte and the effects of the Tramadol ?
I would be very interested to know.
Tramadol is simply a pain killer. I did suggest to the vet taking him off of the Tramadol or cutting down but he said there are no adverse problems with Tramadol. What I do know is Zack on Tramadol could not walk at all without me supporting him like a suitcase in fact he could not stand for more than a few seconds. Now almost three months later he walks unaided to the park, with me stepping it out to keep up with him and although he lies down over the park chewing a ball he will get up every so often and attempt to chase after Mia or run off if I tell him I want his ball. Given how well he is doing and the fact that I expected to lose him by Christmas I am not going to experiment with his current cover nor take him off either the Tramadol or the Rumalaya Forte 'Just to see what would happen', he's happy so I am happy. As for the effects of Rumalaya Forte Google the clinical trials.

Jim

drb
GSD Lover
Pepper, our little pituitary dwarf GSD, has been taking two Rumalaya Forte tablets a day for about three weeks now. On Sunday we were out with the Big Guys, 2 sheps and a rottie, for an hour, all of them chasing round like loons. A month ago we all set out to do the same walk but Pepper and I baled out after 20 mins. Pepper could not keep up and was not enjoying the walk. She is managing the stairs again and jumping onto our bed when Peter is away overnight, (shhh, don't tell him!).

Our vet has prescribed various NSAIDs for Pepper but all have caused potential kidney problems and had to be discontinued. Pepper seems to be comfortable and is much more active again now that she is taking Rumalaya Forte, they do seem to be working for her.

whitefang
GSD Annointed Member
Jim
Thanks for the reply. I have just ordered some and will report in a few weeks.
Sounds promising.

shovelears
GSD Lover
We have been taking the Rumalaya Forte since the 4th of November. My 12 year old is now jumping on and off the beds with ease and the little guy seems less stiff in his hips. They are taking one tablet twice a day. I am taking two tablets twice a day and I have noticed a huge improvement in my arthritis in the back and my arm (muscle damage) is nearly pain free for the first time in 4 months.

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
So very pleased with all the good results my Zack is a new dog. I really thought we would lose him before Christmas but he is doing reallly well and absolutely no side effects which for Zack, rescued starving at 4.5 months, is a miracle because all the regular anti inflamatories see him passing large amounts of blood within a week. He is going from strength to strength. Spread the word fopr all the other dogs with arthritis.

By the way we have just made wheels for a sheep!!

Boo Boo

lolabelle
wots forgotten wot Easter eggs taste like
I am really interested in trying Lola on this but have a couple of questions.
Lola has contracture of the gracilis muscle which puts a strain on her other back leg and her back.
She has been on Yumove now for a couple of years - containing
Glucosamine HCl# 250mg
Green Lipped Mussel * 150mg
Beta Glucans 150mg
Hyaluronic Acid 1.5mg
Manganese 3mg
Vitamin C 12.5mg
Vitamin E 0.5mg
The improvement in her mobility has been very marked - however anything else which will help / prevent further damage would be welcome.
I cant find any evidence that taking Rumalaya Forte in conjunction with something like Yumove is harmful - I would want to give her both - has anyone any opinions on this?
Also I know that if you buy cheaper medicines then often the quality is not so good and it can be a false economy. There seems to be a difference in price depending where you get it from - is there a difference in quality / strength with these.
Finally Lola is 38 Kilos / 6 years old what sort of dosage would be correct for her (she is on 3 / Yumove tabs a day).
I know that sadly the contracture will never mend but I am hoping this will prevent further damage.
Thanks
Ruth

Jimcoted
GSD Lover
Go to ebay and get them initially from the guy in Glasgow then if you see an improvement look out for the one in India they come in direct from there check for the hologram on the box. I see no reason why they would not help. Jim

lolabelle
wots forgotten wot Easter eggs taste like
Ive just received the Rumalaya Forte tabs.
Can someone advise regarding dosage for Lola. 6 years old. healthy (apart from her gammy leg), 38 kilos weight. Its for prevention rather than a cure.
Already taking 3 x Yumove Tabs a day.

Thanks

Ruth

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Doggy Chat · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends