Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Hello - We would love your help :)
Topic Started: 24 Feb 2013, 07:29 PM (940 Views)
Emma08
Hello there!

Last month we had to let our Roxy girl go off to Rainbow Bridge.
She was a 14 years old GSD; she was Queen Bee of the house and is sorely missed.

Like many older GSD's she suffered from Athritis, especially around her back end. No one could have ever prepared us for the heartbroken feeling we suffered having to let her go, but it got to the point where she couldn't get herself up, so we knew it was time. I miss her so so much!!

A way of trying to deal with my grief is the thought of helping other GSD's who need it the most - Which is the purpose of this post.

Upon research we have found a local rescue centre that focuses on rehoming GSD's - A rescue centre that is advertised with this forum called German Shepherd Rescue West Essex.
My family & I have decided to take part in a 20km walk around the South Downs, with a charity event company called 'Just Walk', in which all the donations will be given to the rescue centre.

I have created a donation webpage which can give more information about the great cause and gives people the opportunity to sponsor me, if they wish. Any donation will be greatly appreciated.

I understand that you already give so much to helping charities & animals, but if you know of anyone that would be interested in the cause, I would really appreciate your help :)

I have also uploaded a video of Roxy onto the page that was primarily for personal use. However, I thought it would be a nice idea to put it on the webpage. I apologise for the embarressing photos haha!

The webpage is: www.gofundme.com/german-shepherd-rescue

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Emma

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

karasmum
GSD Annointed Member
:thumbs up: Lovely idea x

catsx11
Member Avatar
"...it's a dog's life!"

Emma08
Thank you karasmum, fingers crossed we do her proud!! X

Emma08
A massive thank you to Cats x11 for your extra generous donation!!
You have made my day :)

I can't wait to give the rescue dogs a better life, with the kindness of people like yourself!

Please keep the web link and I will update you nearer the time on our progress.

Thanks again,

Emma x

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Cockerel Wrangler Extraordinaire
Such a lovely Idea and the money will go to a fantastic rescue Lyn dose such good work I hope you reach your goal :thumbs up:

Jennysmum
If only I could go up the pole upside down

Hello Emma and welcome to BIGGSD, where I hope you will have a bit of fun and help a lot of dogs. :BIGGSD_Welcome:

So sorry you lost your beautiful shepherd and this is such a lovely way of repaying her for all the good years you had together.

Good luck!! :thumbs up:

Pat x

Emma08
Thank you both :)
I have asked to visit the centre after we have completed the walk, so we will be able to meet Lyn and the dogs then. We can't wait!!

I thought I'd give you a quick update,

We have now started properly training 3 times a week now. My walking boots aren't too comfy at the moment and have some nasty blisters, but it will all be worth it in the end !! We're aiming to get to the finish in under 4 hours, so fingers crossed!

A family member offered to buy us all t-shirts to wear for the walk! If you would like to see them here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151485104191131&set=a.437769126130.229207.636211130&type=1&theater

And lastly, I have signed up to easyfundraising.com to raise money for BIGGSD. This gives me an excuse to buy lots of things & not feel guilty haha :)

Thanks again,

Emma x

gtrmacs
Member Avatar
C'n'me, always together

Hi, Emma - lovely to meet you :BIGGSD_Welcome:

Emma08
Thank you gtrmacs :) x

We have now raised over 150 WOOHOO!!

Paula GSD
GSD Puppy
Well done Emma, what a lovely tribute to your Roxy, keep up the good work :-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends