Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
TWO Male GSD 5 & 5and half Zac & Jet; Need Rescue space - urgently
Topic Started: 1 Feb 2013, 05:04 PM (806 Views)
Alldogs
Member Avatar
Cockerel Wrangler Extraordinaire
I had a Phone Call to see if I can help Leanne who been ask to help these two dogs. If a rescue could offer rescue these two they don't have to go together in fact Leanne is saying they would be better off apart..so if two Rescues could take one each , that would be terrific.

These Dogs will be losing there home soon because the house they are living in has been sold and the owner has got to move out & they have not got long.

Here is what Leanne says about them:

I saw these 2 boys yesterday, they have been abused by the owners ex partner and the lady is having to move and cannot find anything suitable. She also struggles to walk them and is really not coping. I feel they will be better seperated as they are not 100% comfortable with each other.

Zac- Long haired gsd 5 yrs old , un-neutered has a retained testicle (couldnt find it in his groin) also very overgrown rear dew claws that could do with removing. Zac is a cuddly bear who dominates his owner. He gives wonderful kisses and acts almost like a cat rubbing across your leg and bouncing for a fuss! He is still mouthing but no nipping. He walked quite well on lead not to heel but not really pulling to much, he stares at passers by but shows no aggression, i'm told he will bark at other dogs whilst on lead but i couldn't find a guineapig. I'm also told he's great off lead with other dogs. He was fine with me touching him all over. He loves toys and showed no aggression with them.

Jet -short haired Gsd 51/2yrs un-neutered male, he has issues with his ears and has had an op for a haematoma in one -the lady admits she hasn't cleaned them and they did look sore and swollen. I felt him all over including ears and feet and he was fine. When i first met him he was wary of me (Jet was thrown over a fence by the ladies ex partner) but he soon warmed to me and is a real sweetheart. Jet pulled like a train when i took him out but was soon walking to heel, sitting at the roads and looking to me for guidance, hes a very trainable lad who thrives on attention. He was wary of cars passing but fine with people. I'm told hes good off lead and with other dogs- again couldn't find a guinea pig.
He is very toy possessive although did let me have his skanky ball a few times and loves a game of tug. He is wary of Zac who is obviously top dog and i think he would thrive with a bit of one to one or with a female that wouldn't bully him. Jet is also a smiler and a talker which the owner has mistaken for growling and snarling, he done it to me and she panicked- i didn't as i knew what he was doing, i really took to him and i think he wanted to come home with me.

Neither dogs have lived with cats or children, they have had visiting children but i wouldn't recommend them for a home with youngsters. I saw no signs of destructive behaviour and they have been regularly left for several hours. they are both chipped but vaccinations would need to be restarted.

I think i've covered everything but if not just ask, i want to be as honest as possible as they do have some work to be done but overall they were nice dogs in a pooh situation.
I do hope someone can help

Thanks so much for your help
Regards Leanne

And here are some Photos of the dogs:

Jet -short haired gsd 5 1/2 yrs
Posted Image

Here Is Zac- Long haired gsd 5 yrs old
Posted Image

If any rescue can Help Please Contact
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
These dog need a rescue to help they have to be out by the end of this month owner will PTS if she can't get them out because she got to move from where she is living...If we can get two rescues to take one each theses dogs will be better off apart.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cappo
Dalmatians
Would either dog (or both) be suitable for fostering if rescue space can't be found?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Cappo
5 Feb 2013, 07:48 PM
Would either dog (or both) be suitable for fostering if rescue space can't be found?
Thank you for that offer but I will need rescue back up :thumbs up:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Can Mods Close this thank you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · UK German Shepherds In Urgent Need · Next Topic »

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends