Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Handsome Boy In Urgent Need; Now Safe
Topic Started: 1 Dec 2012, 12:06 PM (909 Views)
Rufismum
Member Avatar
Dalmatians

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was contacted by a local kennel owner (she has the council pound contract) a few months ago about this dog and I couldn't find any space locally for him, he's stayed put but she now has to bPosted Imagee realistic and this is his last chance, she has to make way for Xmas bookings and the new batch of strays and if he can't be placed then he will be euthanised in the next ten days.

I have no history whatsoever and all I was told by the pound kennel owner was that he came in as a stray and he's too strong on the lead for her to walk and he hates men.

He doesn't seem very old maybe around 12 - 18 months give or take a month. He is entire, has really good teeth but he has his nasty claws. He has a huge macho head and looks like a real brute as oppose to a pretty youngster.

I fed him through a door to get him used to me and then we went for a little walk - he was OK on the lead and to be honest I was expecting him to be a lot worse. After our lead walk we spent 45 minutes in a small enclosure and I just walked round and threw treats and sat down. He was wary and I paid him no attention or tried to fuss him but he did come and sit with me and have a good old sniff and a face lick, I just let him have a bit of space for a bit but he got tired and cold very quickly and wanted to be indoors - he did pull like a good'un to get back. Given time and patience I think he'd be a very loving dog.

First impressions are of a dog that's had a rough time - he's just the sort to attract an idiot because of his looks and he needs time to settle down to be handled and assessed patiently and properly. They are not confident about handling this sort of dog where he is now and I can't tell what he's like with other dogs because I haven't seen him around them.

I would rather he goes to a rescue than an individual as he needs experienced assessment and I absolutely refuse to entertain the idea of security - he's had a rough time and needs a chance at a nice life in a loving home. I know he looks the part but..

If you have space for him then I can do transport (within reason, don't want to head to Scotland) - he is currently in West Dorset.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Lisa

PS Photos following shortly.
Edited by Rufismum, 1 Dec 2012, 12:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Cockerel Wrangler Extraordinaire
Hi Rufismum I have pm'd you :thumbs up:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rooneysdad
Member Avatar
Sadly missed , never forgotton !

C'mon Barb , you have had a couple of hours to source a safe haven for Mr Hunky ???? :waiting: :waiting:

Well :brow:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Rooneysdad
1 Dec 2012, 07:06 PM
C'mon Barb , you have had a couple of hours to source a safe haven for Mr Hunky ???? :waiting: :waiting:

Well :brow:

Just waiting for a reply mate :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

teresa46
Member Avatar
teresa46
:fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed: He's certainly a beautiful boy
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Rufismum, dose this dog still need rescue???? I have Pm'd you to get details :thumbs up:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucysmom
Member Avatar
GSD LOVER
Hi Barb
I know that Lisa has problems with internet because of where she lives. I have her number so I will ring her tomorrow and get her to ring you or I will ring you myself if I manage to speak to her :thumbs up:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rufismum
Member Avatar
Dalmatians
Hello and thanks so much for your kind offers. This dog has now got rescue space.

Best regards to all of you.

Lisa
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rooneysdad
Member Avatar
Sadly missed , never forgotton !
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucysmom
Member Avatar
GSD LOVER
Rufismum
2 Dec 2012, 10:12 PM
Hello and thanks so much for your kind offers. This dog has now got rescue space.

Best regards to all of you.

Lisa
Well done Lisa :worthy: :worthy:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alldogs
Member Avatar
:yay: :yay: :yay: Well done Lisa :thumbs up: :clapping: :clapping:
Offline Profile Goto Top

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

Thanks to Mike Price of Vigil for taking this boy into rescue.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · UK German Shepherds In Urgent Need · Next Topic »

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends