Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Anyone remember Gordy?
Topic Started: 10 Jan 2012, 07:40 AM (922 Views)
Sarah P
! don't know if any of you remember Gordy - we rehomed him from John almost 6 years ago. He was an Ireland rescue - saved from the pound at Dundalk, and then with John for about 6 months before we took him. Then 6 months later, we also took Honey - she was another Ireland rescue, but was only with John for a day before we snapped her up! I know that Gordy's story touched a lot of people at the time, and I believe some people have been asking after him. So here's a couple of recent snaps - he's now a bit grey around the muzzle, but still gorgeous! He and Honey have brought so much pleasure to our lives - we really can't thank John and those wonderful rescue folk in Ireland enough! BTW, for those of you that don't know him, Gordy's the black & tan one!
I don't know if this way of sharing the piccies will work, but we'll see!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Rooneysdad, 10 Jan 2012, 11:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gsdlover
Member Avatar
Herbie's Mum
I remember Gordy :funny little things:

Great that he is doing so well - he's looking great :heart:

Welcome back :thumbs up:

CarolineM
Member Avatar
Posh enough for a Skateboard
Oh yes..Gorgeous Gordy and the lovely Honey (had my eye on her for myself all those years ago but you snapped her up!) - was just thinking about them the other day!

They both look to be enjoying life to the full still.

Great to see you back.

Megatronic
Member Avatar
wots missing Pat a lot
I remember him too! :D love2

I had them both on my calendar a few years ago, if I remember right, they were on holiday stretched out by a log fire???

Lovely to see him again and thanks for posting. Its great to see how the ones who were rehomed a few years ago have got on.

Kelly's Heroes
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
I remember Gordy ! :minigsd paw:
He was at Johns when we went to collect our Barney, which will be 6 years ago at the end of February, gorgeous lad. :heart:
Great to see how he is doing along with the lovely Honey, who I also recall.

Alldogs
Member Avatar
Cockerel Wrangler Extraordinaire
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sarah P
Thanks Alldogs for helping with the piccies and I'm so pleased that some of you remember them! :wave: Gordy & Honey are actually going on their holidays today (as are Danny & I!), so having just signed back in, I'm now disappearing again! But when I get back in a couple of weeks, I'll touch base again and see if I can sort out a better way to share my photos! :embarassed: Good to speak to you all again!

bruni
Member Avatar
Okay put my hand up & down ,I am one
Hi Sarah :yay:
Great to see you on here and of course fantastic to see Mr G is still as Gorgeous as ever! Have a great holiday with Danny and Honey and hope to see more of Gordy and Honey when you get back! :thumbs up:

biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

Hi Sarah ,

Thanks for posting again,The last time I saw Gordy was when you brought him to one of the Epsom walks,There is a couple of pictures that I remember him by was when he and another dog a girl if i remember right were taken of them with there paws on my kitchen door railings looking at me up close,some pictures just stay in my memory for a long time,Please give him and honey a hug from me.

:smitten: :smitten:

CALL
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
Beautiful Gordy - love2 :netlove:

I took him under my rescue from the old Dundalk Dog Pound just as Tempo was starting into rescue
She had come across the old Pound on one of her walks & the rest, as they say, is history :lol:

I named him Gordon after Tempo's OH :lol:

If memory serves me, he was the 1st dog out of the old Pound - many moons ago.
He was quite some time here before he heading over to Uncle John.

Lovely to see him up on this site again - he has his own blog on this site years ago.

Big hugs for Gordy boy please :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you Sarah for posting him - he's still as handsome as he was 6 years ago :glitter_love:

Sarah P
Aww... It's great to see that people remember him! Sorry for the delay ( where does the time go?!) but I have now posted some decent pictures on the Biggsd Facebook page. As you say Gill - he's as gorgeous as ever! And Honey's not bad either!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends