Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

BIGGSD is a virtual rescue forum & not a rescue centre. To enquire about dogs shown on this forum please contact the relevant rescue centre or dog owner directly.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. You cannot post as a guest. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, posting and sending personal messages. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, and once logged in as a member, the adverts will no longer be visible to you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
add reply
Ben's Blog (formerly Known As King) Now In Kent
Topic Started: 4 Oct 2006, 09:08 AM (34,649 Views)
biggsd
Member Avatar
Theres a home out there for every dog

At this moment we know very little about King only that he was in a pts situation in the pound in Ireland, with the help of Astrid and Karen and all the wonderful rescuers in Ireland he was kept in kenneling till his time to come over was right,This is the second dog that the emergency fund run by Astrid has paid for his kenneling.

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index....showtopic=41219

here is the info on the first dog.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/biggsd/index.php?showtopic=702
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

GRATE WORK BY ALL funny little things
Quote Post Goto Top

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Wow, it really brings the situation home to you when you read the desperateness of it all. Referred to as a Kennel number, when he is a poor frightened boy with love and feelings of his own. Thank god for Karen and John not only offering a rescue but costs as well, And thank god for Gran whose money raised with her Xmas cards must surely have helped these situations.I feel very humble at the moment and just pray that this is now the start of a much happier new beginning. Good Luck King i will be watching you with love. Sue xxx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD thank goodness there are people like john and karen to help poor dogs like king...will be watching his thread with interest GSD

biggsd
Member Avatar

gran
Oct 4 2006, 12:40 PM
GSD thank goodness there are people like john and karen to help poor dogs like king...will be watching his thread with interest GSD

Dont forget Astrid who does all the BEHIND THE SCENES work in organising there well being :D .You should see her phone bill.

Kelly's Heroes
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
I don't seem to be posting very much these days, becoming a bit of a lurker :ph43r: But I must say something here on this one :rolleyes:
I must admit to being totally ignorant of lots of things concerning dog rescue before February this year. The conversations I had before our Barney came over from Ireland were such a jolt with the harsh realities of life that take place in Ireland every day. The committment of those such as Astrid, Pat & Ed at Briarfields in County Roscommon and John is fantastic and I felt very humble in the small part that we could play. If they hadn't given Barney a chance and a place of safety we would never have known him. heart Their time and dedication leaves me speechless but also reassured that there are still such compasionate people in this ,at times ,horrible world we live in .
So , off my soap box now , and good luck to King who now has the chance of a happy and secure future thanks to a very special group of people. love2

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
biggsd
Oct 4 2006, 06:47 PM
gran
Oct 4 2006, 12:40 PM

Dont forget Astrid who does all the BEHIND THE SCENES work in organising there well being :D .You should see her phone bill.

GSD embarassed i'm so sorry i didn't mean to not include Astrid in my post...i know just how hard she is working to help all these poor dogs that need saving... embarassed i really am sorry Astrid worthy i'm really not worthy of anyones good wishes as i don't do anything to help these dogs like you hun or other rescuers like you dog cryi really hope me and my big gob didn't upset you hun embarassed

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Gran your fund raising is a great achievement dont put yourself down, silly woman! King is a beauty i've just had another peep, i find it all so so sad. Sue gsd paw xxx. Looking forward to regular updates when he visits Uncle John!

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD embarassed thank you sue..but i always seem to say things wrong and must of upset john and Astrid with that post embarassed should just keep my big mouth shut or i upset people who i don't mean to...i know just how hard Astrid works for helping all these dogs...but didn't thank her....SO SORRY ALL CONCERNED GSD

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Gran you are a very sensitive kind lady. John was'nt upset he was joking around and neither would Astrid be , you do so much yourself for rescue this end! Everybody loves you here and would'nt dream of upsetting you. You are Johns PR girl after all. Now stop being so silly and make yourself a nice cup of tea. If any one upsets you they will have me to deal with! Sue xxx :lol: boxing

Kelly's Heroes
Member Avatar
Dogmatic Poster
Dear Gran I do hope that you didn't think by my previous post that I was having a dig at your post, honest i wasn't :( :(
I am full of admiration for John, Astrid and the great people in Ireland but it's a team effort in the end that gets things done and you are doing valuable work for the team too remember GSD GSD We all want the same thing after all , good homes for fantastic dogs. Sorry if I upset you , I am forever amazed by the brill work done by all and long may it continue funny little things

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD thank you for saying that girls but i still feel bad...like i let myself down :( GSD

biggsd
Member Avatar

The King has arrived with me and met some new friends Rocco and Heidi who are also looking for there new homes on these forums.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD what a lovely lad King is...looks like he settled in ok john and likes his new friends GSD he got to be a special boy with a name like King(he got my name ain't he) wiggle GSD

biggsd
Member Avatar

Yes Gran King has got a wonderful nature,He has been offlead on the walk today with 7 other dogs including Heidi and Rocco and met members of the public and has been a real gent. Pictures to follow as I didnt take my camera but Caraline and Sharon have take loads and loads to post ;) ;)

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Oh King now your a name and not a kennel number. You are a lovely looking boy in the best possible hands now, you do look very long compared to Heidi and Rocco. Pleas keep us updated with plenty of piccies. Sue x love2

bruni
Member Avatar
Okay put my hand up & down ,I am one
King is a lovely boy here are some piccies taken on todays walk up at Newlands Corner

Posted Image
King is on the far side with Rocco centre and Heidi fore all looking for lovely new forever homes

Posted Image King is on the left of the piccy

Posted Image He's coming for yet another cuddle he is a very affectionate boy love2

gsdlover
Member Avatar
Herbie's Mum
Stunning boy love2

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD thank you for the piccies...King is a stunning boy love2 and john with what you have written about him he sounds absolutely gorgous...hope he finds his new forever home soon...wish i lived closer so i could meet all these lovely doggies GSD

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Is that Laylas Mum on her knees taking piccies? :)

bruni
Member Avatar
Okay put my hand up & down ,I am one
yes Sue it is! :lol:

sue
Dogmatic Poster
Another name to the face!!! :lol:

jenny j
GSD Lover
Well done to everyone on getting the lovely King to safety, I haven't been able to post before as the hard drive packed in so a new computer was needed! He looks like a wonderfull boy and someone will be very lucky to adopt him. Keep the pictures coming, I have a bit of catching up to do.

gran
Member Avatar
supergran
GSD i'd like to say hi to sue(laylasmum) nice to see you at last hun...the piccies are great and i had to come look at King again love2 GSD

Astrid
Dalmatians
Aww hello King!

Sorry I couldn't be there today on the walkies. As happens every year I have lost my voice! All that talking on the phone sorting dogs :D

King is a big and handsome fella and so good natured.

Thanks to the emergency fund we paid for his kenneling to get him out of the pound the day he was sue to be put down.

Thanks to Gran and Chris and Ron for their generous donation ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Members Dog(s) Blogs · Next Topic »
add reply

dobermanrescue Doglost RHU rottierescue staffie rescue FurryFriends Oldies Club FurryFriends